Members of the NH House have a brief window at the end of each calendar year when we may file new legislation for the upcoming year’s session. If you have any ideas for legislation you would like me to submit, or issues you would like me to investigate, contact me via email and we can discuss the specifics.
During 2013 I co-sponsored the following bills:
- House Bill 287: Eliminating Voter Identification Requirements.
- House Bill 379: Prohibiting An Employer From Requiring An Employee Or Prospective Employee To Disclose His Or Her Social Media Passwords.
- House Bill 380: Requiring Disclosure Of Gifts And Campaign Contributions By Lobbyists.
During 2014 I co-sponsored the following bills:
- HB1164: Designating I-293 as the John Durkin highway.
- HCR11: Commemorating the ratification of the seventeenth amendment to the United States Constitution.
During 2014 I wrote and submitted the following bills:
- HB1166: Increasing the maximum potential fines imposed on corporations for criminal activity.
- HB1175: Prohibiting state contracts going to contractors who have been recently convicted of fraud, tax evasion, and various other crimes.
- HB1176: Preventing rapists from seeking child custody rights from their victims, and empowering the courts to prevent the rapist from having any contact with the victim.
- HB1332: Establishing a minimum fine in class action civil suits under the NH Consumer Protection Act, so that everyone in a class action suit actually gets all of their money back.
- HCR10: Applying for an amendment convention under Article V of the US Constitution to overturn the disastrous ‘Citizens United V. FEC’ supreme court decision.
During 2015 I co-sponsored the following bills:
- HB105: License plates for Civil Air Patrol vehicles.
- HB127: Adding ballot clerks to the list of officials who can validate the identity of a voter.
- SB58: Providing that the US Flag only be worn facing the ‘normal’ direction on state and municipal uniforms. Co-sponsored at the request of a constituent.
During 2015 I wrote and submitted the following bills:
- HCR2: Applying for an amendment convention under Article V of the US Constitution to overturn the disastrous ‘Citizens United V. FEC’ supreme court decision.
During 2016 I co-sponsored the following bills:
- HR16: Calling on the US Congress to consider a constitutional amendment to prohibit campaign contributions unless donor is an eligible voter.
During 2016 I wrote and submitted the following bills:
- HB1163: Omnibus anti-corruption bill.
- HB1164: Allowing cities to make voluntary contributions of funds or resources to county and state level projects or programs, such as a drug court.
- HB1323: Ensuring that any teacher who is non-renewed (layed off) is given formal written notice, regardless of the length of employment.